01 May, 2007

Have pen, will veto

Democrats send Iraq timeline to Bush

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070501/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq;_ylt=AqDgMpGSC3DNHSgTFDJ14sKs0NUE

Bush says that failure in Iraq is not option and he'll veto whatever comes to the table that sets a limit to fighting the war in Iraq. While the sad truth is it's all downhill from here. People are counting the days until he leaves office. He just wants his swan song played out. I'm sad for all the lives that were lost but we have to soldier on despite the futile attempts to quell violence in the middle east. I have family and friends fighting this war. There are people who fight and dont fight to make a difference. I belong to the latter. I hate guns. But if I have to as a last resort I 'd use it to defend my country. I'm proud of the military persevering despite this ill-fated agenda but it's time for a different strategy.

No comments: